Jun 15, 2010

3 years ago....

Hi Everyone,

Its 3 years ago today that I started my blog... Wow hey! I sometimes find it hard to believe that so much time has passed and so many things have happened.

When I joined Stampin' Up! in February, 2007, I never thought that I would have my own blog. In fact I'm pretty sure I didn't even know what a blog was! (Trivia: did you know that blog is the shortened form of 'web log'* and the term only started being used in the late 1990's). Well, it took me a few months but I joined the blogging world and love adding to my blog and the inspiration I've gained from checking out everyone else's blogs too.

Anyway, since I started stamping and demonstrating with Stampin' Up, I have met some great people including other demonstrators all around Australia and New Zealand. Ok, so there's 3 special people I'd like to thank and they are...

  1. Lee-Anne as it was her beautiful work that inspired me to join SU and she still inspires me with her cards even though she's retired from SU :(
  2. Andrea, who's always ready to show me something new
  3. Courtney, a former SU demo,  who is always popping onto my pages with encouraging comments.

Without my blog, I would be lacking many online friends too and so a big thank you goes out to the members of my facebook page and frequent readers of my blog.

So to celebrate my 3 years of blogging, here's a slideshow of my work right from my very first post... Apologies for the double ups, sideways pics and any profile pics, being a blogger has been a big learning curve for me and I'm still learning... Like I've had to read about how to make a slideshow for today's post, so fingers crossed this works!! If nothing else, it should give you a laugh!




And my big thank you present is FREE shipping for any customer orders over $50 placed over the next week. So, yes that does include the Deals of the Week 3 (when they are announed tomorrow), but it is limited to people in Australia only.

If you are interested in becoming a SU Demo, don't forget the discounted Starter kit is still available!! Please contact me if you are interested.


Thanks for looking,




*Definition sourced from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Richelle! What a milestone :o) Hope you have another three fantastic years of blogging - at least (didn't know where the word came from so that was a handy piece of trivia to pick up, thanks)!

    You've done well with the slideshow - not sure I'd even attempt - am still very new to blogging myself and it's a steep learning curve.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It's always good to receive some feedback on my creations!