Sep 22, 2010

My view of the Perth Regionals

Hi All,

The world has taken on a brighter, faster and better view since I purchased my new computer - its only basic model but it's so much better than the old one (which had reached the ripe old age of 8 or maybe 9 years old). So I think I've installed and set up everything almost to where I was before the old one died... There's probably a few email addy's I've missed, but hopefully I can finish that off soon.

Anyway, I'm sure you didn't come hear to read about computer stuff!! On 11th September, I attended the Perth Regional Stampin' Up! Training. This was the 2nd official SU function I've attended and I was so exhausted when I got home that night. But the exhaustion was well worth it, I learnt a lot of new techniques to show you all and the bonding with other WA demonstrators is fantastic! SU demos are so nice and friendly and always willing to share an idea or have a chat. You could hear everyone laughing and chatting in the foyer before I even made it around the corner at 8.30am - everyone was excited!!

Now, in case you are wondering what half the excitement was about, it was everyone swapping cards or projects with all the other demos. As an attendee, you have the choice to make a card or project to swap with another attendee at any SU function. I made about 60 cards (which are pictured below) and received some gorgeous creations back.

This is my swap:



And this is one of the variations I made:



I've actually still got a few left so if you would like one, please email me your postal address and I'll post one out to you. They were hiding down the bottom of my basket underneath all the swaps I received.

One of the presenters was Donna Griffiths from Stampin' Up in the USA and during one of her presentations she gave all of us a little pressie - I can't show you yet as there are still Regionals taking place around Australia, but it received a big cheer from everyone!!!! 

The other thing I can't show are the make and take projects from Regionals but I will post the photos when I can - they are super cute!!

I loved going Regionals (I wasn't anywhere near as nervous this year as last!). And to have the swaps, make and take projects and the yummy lunch that was provided, it was a great social combined work day out! Did I tell you I ate potato salad? I don't normally like it, but the one served was delicious!! I wish I knew what was in it so I could attempt to make it at home. Now, if you would like to share the excitement next year, why not join Stampin Up!? If you join before October 15th, you'll receive a great bonus outlined here.


Thanks for looking,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! It's always good to receive some feedback on my creations!