Apr 28, 2019

ESAD So Long Old Favourites Blog Hop

No photo description available.

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to my little addition to the ESAD April 2019 So Long Favourites Blog Hop! You may be following the hop and be coming from Sandra's blog or if you are just starting, then there's a loop of 25 Australian & New Zealander Stampin' Up! demonstrator blogs to visit!! So much inspiration and soooo many ideas!

This blog hop is, as the name suggests, focusing on saying goodbye to quite a few different products in the 2018-19 Idea Book & Catalogue and also the Occasions Catalogue.

Many, many favourites are going but it is always exciting to see the new products coming in! (And yes, I've had a sneak peek - it's a perk of being a demo!)

Anyway, here's my projects for the hop.. I thought I'd showcase the Marbled Background stamp set and the Happy Birthday Thinlits Die.

The first 2 projects were both stamped with black ink on the Marbled Background Stamp onto White Glossy cardstock (which is also retiring). Colour added by sponging Lemon Lime Twist and Fresh Fig ink - both retiring In Colors - onto the glossy card. Simple rectangle layers (cut on my retiring trimmer, boohoo I'm going to miss recommending this trimmer, but there's been too many production issues for it to continue).




For my last card, I sponged Lemon Lime Twist and Tranquil Tide ink directly onto the Marbled background stamp and stamped onto Whisper White Card, simple layers to lift the colour, and I diecut the Happy Birthday thinlit in Tranquil Tide card. My first tranquil tide sample that matched the first 2 samples was way too dark!!



Please continue to hop around and visit Rose's blog next.

Image may contain: text


If you are interested in finding out more about ESAD - read the blurb below and send me an email.

Image may contain: text


Here's the full list of bloggers, in case you get lost, or you need to make a fresh cuppa tea, or you get so inspired, you need to rush away and create something ;)

Blog hop participant list:










22 comments:

  1. Lovely projects Richelle. I love the marbled background stamps and you have showcased it beautifully. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Libby, I only recently ordered the marbled background and this is the first time it's seen ink!

      Delete
  2. Eeek ... hadn't realised Glossy White is retiring! I love the simplicity of your technique, but it gives such a great outcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it wasn't until I was highlighting all the retiring products in my catty that I saw glossy white card on the retiring list

      Delete
  3. I love the backgrounds you have created, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon, they are super easy but so effective!

      Delete
  4. Love all the colours of the marbled backgrounds Richelle. So pretty. I especially love the ones with a bit of black. Really makes the background pop. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing the difference a little black frame made to these cards!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful cards Richelle. I love the colour sponged onto the Glossy Cardstock, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sponging took me back to my early days of Stampin' Up! I used to sponge loads of backgrounds over stamped images :)

      Delete
  6. The marble background gives a great wow factor to an otherwise simple card. Love simple cards. Sad to see that background stamp go. Along with that thinlit die.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always sad to see retiring products however it's exciting to see what's coming in the new catalogue!! ;)
      Thanks for visiting my blog

      Delete
  7. I'm going to miss this marble stamp. Love your cards and the large sentiment really stands out on this background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to miss that background stamp!! Love what you have made today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous showcase of this background stamp-it really is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these cards, Richelle. Must admit I've hardly used the glossy paper but now I must get it out and make something. Thanks for sharing such a good way to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like I better go and give my glossy cardstock some love! You have inspired me Richelle. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that background looks stunning. Love your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the marbled backgrounds you've created - so simple but oh so striking. I've really loved that Happy Birthday die for quick cards like these and it will be staying in my craft room, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your cards and will miss that marble background stamp

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a quick technique, but yet soooo effective!! I think I may need to CASE these ideas, if thats ok? I am grateful you participated in the Blog Hop, Richelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely cards Richelle - the backgrounds are fabulous! I'm going to miss the happy birthday die! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It's always good to receive some feedback on my creations!