Jun 6, 2020

Social Stamping with Kelly - New / Normal

Image may contain: text

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to my part of the Social Stamping with Kelly (click here for the main list). Whether you are just starting out on the hop or you have arrived from Mandy's blog, welcome!!

I hope you are staying safe and well! We are so lucky that are we in phase 3 of restrictions easing here in Western Australia. It means we are able to get out and about again almost back to normal, (but still with social distancing rules) and many small businesses are able to reopen!


This week's theme is new/normal so I rolled with something we have all been doing lately and that's rest and relax! Well, I'm squeezing that in around a whole heap of house renovations and repainting!

So here's part of my process for today's card:

The rough idea... But I'm not 100% happy it's enough... So I thought about using an embossing folder to add some texture or to try something different...

Rough Idea....  

I went with something completely different and used a sponge brayer to make my own background with some balmy blue and night of navy ink.
The Final Result!


What do you think? I'm trying to challenge myself and actually use some different techniques and supplies I have in my craftroom!


Next up is Monique, I'm sure you will love what she's created!!

No photo description available.


Thanks for stopping by,
Richelle

5 comments:

  1. House painting does not sound relaxing! This is a wonderful interpretation of the theme! Gorgeous cards, love the colours, so serene! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards. Love your interpretation. The brayering looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The brayered blue background is very relaxing-house painting and renovations on the other hand are not! The layering really makes the palms stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like them both too. I think the first is more subdued amd definitely relaxed.
    The second is brighter and has energy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like both of these, Richelle. I love the simplicity and the paired back colour palette of the first version. But that sponged background on the second is fab, it really makes the whole thing pop. Obviously all that house painting practice has been transferred over to your card making! Super cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It's always good to receive some feedback on my creations!